Visitors

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Food

Yesterday Lucas and I went grocery shopping at Coles. Groceries were reasonable, cheaper than what I expected. Considering everything else here is expensive. But peanut butter was cheap as! 2 bucks a container. But they don't do large containers of pb, I'll have to stock up on small ones. Aussies don't eat it that often. Crazy if you ask me! There was a lot of custard, who eats custard voluntarily? These people, that's who. I'm sure I'll get into it. Lots of crumpets...Mmmm crumpets. Why doesn't Canada eat crumpets? We should invest in some cos they are tasty. There are too many brands of " biscuits" for me to try. We call them cookies, I don't care what they are called they taste heavenly. Tim tams have always been my favorite but Lucas got me to try Kingston biscuits yesterday and it was love at first bite. 2 coconut biscuits with chocolate goodness in the middle. I'm gonna try a different kind every week, I'll be done trying them all in a year. They eat Milo often, it's an energy chocolate powder that resembles hot chocolate mix. It taste different but there is Milo chocolate bars, and Milo ice cream. So instead of peanut butter they use Milo. That's my argument. There was an entire area dedicated to meat pies. There was tomato sauce in little yogurt to go containers. You know the yogurt with the little foil lid you slide off. Was different. There was concentrated milk in a tube, like a tooth paste tube. Dog food in huge rolls, the meaty kind. There is a kind of chips called "atomic tomato". They have a thing against saying ketchup. There are baked crackers called "shapes" which resemble our veggie crackers but shapes have different flavors. Lucas loves the BBQ kind. Bacon is massive slices and is cheap. Cheese, milk, mixed nuts, and honey are also all cheap. Bread is different, bigger loafs with thin slices. I've fallen in love with Turkish bread. It's delightful, a party in my mouth. On a bad note, subway is expensive here and they dont have the cold cut trio sandwich or parmesan oregano bread. I almost cried. I'll get over it but it was a sad moment. There are enough cafes to make up for it. Cafes here are amazing, I love timmys but all the goodies at the cafes are home made daily and look amazing. Plus they all have pastry with meat. Something I love about here is that they don't have pennies or any sort of one cent coins. Everything is rounded off and when you see a price labeled on something the tax is already calculated in that price. Something that has a 12.50 tag on it is exactly that price. It's easy and makes more sense! That's all I can think of for now, talk soonly xo

No comments:

Post a Comment